AdSense Tips

2008/04/04 |

Here’s something I noticed most AdSense publishers have mis-interpreted - more AdSense units equals to more earnings. As the matter of fact, yes, more ad units means you could get more click-throughs, but in terms of earnings, no. I used to put 3 adsense units on my blog page, then reduced to two and now, I settled with one. Not only my overall earnings did not drop, it increased.

It is very important to know that Google AdSense distributes ad on a first-come-first-serve basis. That means when the bot crawls the site’s HTML code for ads placement, the first one it encounter, will usually have all the high CTR ad units.

Now imagine a site with several ad units, say 3 for instance. The first ad unit will usually contain all the high CTR ads, leaving the rest of the 2 with lower CTR ads. When a visitor were to click on one of the ad, there’s a 2/3 chance they will end up on lower CTR ads. Besides, more ad units is just going to make the page uglier and less trust for visitors. So, from my point of view, there’s really no reason why a page should contain more than 2 AdSense unit.

0 comments: